Wednesday, June 13, 2012

WCF - SHORTER CATECHISM

1. What is the chief end of man?

Man's chief end is to glorify God, and to enjoy him for ever.



Proofs:

1 Cor. 10:31. "Whether therefore ye eat, or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God. "

Romans 11:36. "For of him, and through him, and to him, are all things: to whom be glory for ever."

Psalm 73:25-28. "Whom have I in heaven but thee? and there is none upon earth that I desire besides thee. My flesh and my heart faileth: but God is the strength of my heart and my portion for ever. For, lo, they that are far from thee shall perish: thou hast destroyed all them that go a-whoring from thee. But it is good for me to draw near to God: I have put my trust in the Lord God, that I may declare all thy works."






Obviously there are many more verses in Holy Scripture that support the catechism, but I will most likely stick to 3-5 verses.

No comments:

Post a Comment