Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Predestination

I think the Bible is full of proof that predestination is true, but the Lord will reveal things at certain times, and its like: "How could I not see that before?"

I've been reading through 1 Kings the past few days, and I was at an event last night where one of the verses preached about was the same (Predestination was not talked about).  I read Chapter 13 yesterday but it did not hit me until this morning. When Jeroboam is reprehended by the Prophet, he prophesied saying: "And he cried against the altar by the commandment of the Lord, and said, O altar, altar, thus saith the Lord, Behold, a child shall be born unto the house of David, Josiah by name, and upon thee shall he sacrifice the priests of the high places that burn incense upon thee, and they shall burn men's bones upon thee." 1 Kings 13:2 (1599 Geneva)

So, not only did this prophet declare the wrath of God upon a wicked order of the day, but he also declared something that was going to happen! For that matter, ALL of the prophecies that are in the Bible whether they be completed or not, imply a basic acceptance of the Sovereignty of God, they imply that He governs and guides all things. They imply that God has predestinated all things by the counsel of His will.




No comments:

Post a Comment